Elements of Art

Natural Line
Space large background
Form
Value
Color
Texture
man made line
Space
Shape-Organic
Shape- geometric

1. What strengths and weaknesses do you see in your own work?

I had a lot of strengths and weaknesses. My strength was taking the photos. My weakness was editing.

2. How might you improve or refine your approach in future photography projects?

I think I will use a different platform to edit. I will use Photoshop. For this project I used Photoshop Beta.

3. Pick one of your photos, what emotions or messages did you intend to convey through this photograph?

In the picture of the flower many things are shown. The flower represents love. It also shows darkness and hoping it will help people by cheering them up.

4. Are there specific elements of art you would like to explore further in your photography?

I don’t think there are any I would like to explore. I personally like to to the scavenger hunt. I hate having to take pictures of certain things.

5. What concepts or techniques do you want to experiment with in your next project?

2 thoughts on “Elements of Art”

1. The 2 photos I liked the best were tough to decide. The texture photo was an easy 1st because the color was beautiful and I could easily imagine touching and feeling the object presented. The next photo I liked the best was the organic shape. Again the color was vibrant and the definition of the organic shape was presented very well. The one photo that could be better is the man made line, I was a little confused about where the man made line was. FRAMING WAS VERY WELL SHOWN IN YOUR GEOMETRIC SHAPE, I COULD SEE THE GLASS AND SHAPE THAT FIT THE FRAMING DEFINITION.

2. I like the organic shape of the flower. The color pops out well and contains plenty of detail in the flower. I also like the natural line picture of the tree. I really liked the angle he used to take the picture which was directly beneath the tree. The picture I thought could be better was the color one of the Gatorade bucket. There wasn’t a lot of detail in the picture and it would be better if you showed the whole bucket. Kevin’s texture picture of the shiny blue shapes. He used the composition rule of PATTERNS AND REPETITION as the picture contains repeating shapes.